Monday, April 4, 2016

F is for Foley!

Foley is fun! Just kidding, it's really not fun at all.

I have spent today adding foley sounds to our film so I can finalize the audio tracks and finish the musical score. This included the sound of wind, the rustling of leaves, newspaper being moved around on the gravel, and the stick clinging against the fence. This process was extremely tedious, as I attempted to match each movement with its corresponding foley recording.

The final product looked like this:


As you can see, I had to do a whole bunch of slicing and moving to make the audio appear realistic and not too over-the-top. This process took quite a but of time but I am very happy with the results. Whenever doing foley, I like to listen to the final product after about a day or so with fresh ears to make sure there aren't any necessary further adjustments. I find that listening to work after several hours brings a new experience and is able to highlight certain flaws that my ears had become accustomed to when editing. I plan to listen to the final product, music and all, tomorrow as the very last step to this project. Thank you for coming along this journey with Nick and I! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment