Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let the games begin!

Hello there, let me be the first to welcome you on this journey!

To begin, I will introduce myself. My name is Shelbie and I am an 18 year old student and will be working with my incredibly talented friend, Nick, on this project. We have worked together in the past and found that our dynamic is quite fantastic; he is a film maker and I am a film composer. With this being said, Nick will take the wheel in the technical aspects of filming while I will compose a musical score to add a strong element of originality and depth to the piece.

What is this piece? - you may ask. Well, Nick and I are creating a two-minute film opening. I will just have to leave you with this information: the genre, storyline, and characters will be disclosed soon, so stay tuned!

These next two weeks are all about research, research, and more research. Our story requires extensive historical research and that is just what we plan to do. The following week, beginning on March 20th, will be our week of filming and editing, while beginning to compose the music. (Something's telling me I'll already have some ideas written down by then, though.) Finally, the last two weeks will be spent recording the music and additional post-production. We have left two full weeks for this process just to make sure we are not stressing at the last minute - extra time to perfect is not a bad thing!

With a deadline of April 10th, Nick and I are going full speed ahead and are extremely excited to share our ideas and final product with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment