Saturday, March 12, 2016

Time to fill you in on the main concepts!

Hey everyone!

For today, I have decided to fill you in on the overall concept and theme of our film.
After hours of thought and deliberation, Nick and I have finally come to a conclusion:


We are going to create a film in the genre of Historical Fiction, based on the Japanese internment camps in California during World War II. 



After doing research on our different ideas, we realized that this extremely devastating occurrence is rarely found in any form of media. In fact, its absence in film and news is quite astonishing. After researching for hours, I was only able to find three feature films that were in any way related to the Japanese internment camps.

The first film I found is titled "Children of the Camps" and immediately caught my eye.


After watching the documentary, I knew this is the topic I wanted to focus on: children of the camps.

Another thing that really interested me was these harmless individuals were placed in the internment camps for one reason and one reason only: Japanese ancestry. I find it unbelievably disturbing that these people were punished solely for their ancestry, and I feel as though Nick and I will have the goal of instilling the most respect towards the subject matter as possible.


Well, that's all for now! I'm going to continue researching today, and I'll probably end up watching the documentary again to take some more notes (I highly recommend it).





No comments:

Post a Comment