Thursday, March 31, 2016

Filming is D O N E!!

The title says it all! Yesterday, Nick and I completed the filming process. It's all post-production from here! 

I have included some side-by-side stills of our film with photographs from the Japanese internment camps in 1942. As you can see in the first side-by-side photo, the backgrounds are similar, including the building with the barred windows. In the second photo, the fence is seen with the barren, rocky, desolate ground. As you can see, we tried our best to recreate the setting and events from over 70 years ago. 




Yesterday morning, I woke up with a text from Nick saying "There's a 75% chance of rain today at 3:30pm." 3:30pm. The exact time our young, strict-scheduled actress planned to meet us at the filming location. 3:30pm. I'm sure you can imagine the panic that set in while reading this message. However, the filming Gods were on our side and actually gave us the perfect weather for our film: cloudy with a subtle breeze. As we walked to my car, the rain started to fall, and Nick and I erupted into laughter; how did we manage to do that?

All in all, we are both extremely happy with how the shots look, and we have even finished the first round of editing. I will be recording the voice-over tomorrow in my music studio so I can sync the audio with the visuals. After this step, I will be able to finalize the music, and we will be that much closer to completing this exciting project! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment